1. In re Jack Conway's attack ad on Rand Paul, is it possible to be both a devout Catholic and an Objectivist? Gut reaction: No.
2. In re last night's episode of Chuck, is it possible for a person to be a MacGuffin? So far that's about all Alex seems to be.
3. Why did Jeff Fisher leave Chris Johnson in the game when the Titans were twenty points ahead? It cost me losses in two fantasy leagues.
4. Is Alex Tabarokk wrong when he claims that "Insider Trading is Legal for Congressional Insiders." Well, duh, yes. In fairness, it seems he relied on Bloomberg rather than yours truly. An all too common error.
5. How many more Dallas Cowboys losses will it take before Jerry Jones' head explodes?
6. Is Obama an intellectual snob? If so, it might be his one likable trait.
7. Who's going to win the NFC this year? Gut feeling: Atlanta Falcons
8. Was Andy Garcia's haircut and mustache on this week's Top Gear hysterically ugly? Final answer is Yes.
The picture really doesn't do it justice.
9. Was what Jeremy Clarkson did to poor Lauren McAvoy's hairdo on this week's Top Gear hysterically funny? Final answer is Yes.
Bonus Question: Would I watch a news show anchored by Fiona Bruce? Religiously.
Take home question: Would I be higher on Brian Leiter's list of most cited professors if I didn't spend time wondering about stuff like this? Probably, but who cares? Life would be so boring if all one thought about all day was one's next law review article.