So I finished in second place in the PB.com rotisserie league. I was well rewarded for taking MJD high. Drafting Rob Gronkowski in the late rounds turned out to be a strike of genius (okay, mostly luck). A mid-season trade for Matthew Stafford helped too. Just not quite enough firepower to make up the gap with the league leader.
I finished third in the PB.com H2H league. I got hammered by QB injuries towards the end of the season and wound up starting (Gawd help me) Matt Sanchez. Ray Rice deserved his first round selection. Drafting Jimmy Graham late was another stoke of genius (okay, mainly luck). If Miles Austin and Matt Schaub had been healthy all season and I had had a better RBs than DeAngelo Williams, I think I could have won this thing. Oh well.
Kudos, BTW, to Drew C who won both the OB.com leagues this year -- a first.
As for my teams in Charles' leagues, I don't want to talk about it.
- In 2012, we end the H2H fantasy season in Week 16. These week 17 games are just too unpredictable. Drew's 7-7 team beat Charles' 10-4 team mainly because Matthew Stafford and Calvin Johnson went nuts against a Packers defense missing Charles Woodson and Clay Matthews.
- Aaron Rodgers is fantasy fold in roto leagues. I won the PB.com rotisserie league last year behind him (of course, having drafted Arian Foster in the 6th round helped). Drew C won the league this year behind Rodgers.
- Drafting an injury-prone Javid Best as my RB2 in two leagues was a very bad idea.
- Cam Newton is going to be what we thought Mike Vick was going to be. Only better and for much longer. He's a fantasy superstar in the making.
- Desean Jackson was my biggest bust of the year. Considering how high I drafted him, I got woeful production.
- Ditto Mike Vick. Having both of them on the same team was a very bad idea.
- Cam Newton and Tim Tebow were great waiver wire pickups, even if they were picked up on my Charles' league teams that otherwise sucked. Newton will be on my radar for QB1 next year. Not convinced Tebow will be starting in 2012.
- I loved it when David Akers tossed for a TD in week 17. It didn't change any of my results, but I love it when you get that little "extra points" asterisk on your Yahoo score sheet.
- Having Vernon Davis as my TE on the same team that had Vick and Jasckson was one more reason that team sucked.
- It's going to be a long, dull 8 months before the next season starts.