I've noted with interest the proliferation of online law journals that publish short academic pieces. The development raises several questions:
- Is there a centralized forum (comparable to BE Press' Expresso) for submitting to online journal supplements?
- If not, has anybody assembled a list of online law review supplements with directions as to how to make submissions?
- Is there a pecking order?
- Over the years, I have a number of long blog posts that easily could be expanded and footnoted to make 3,000-5,000 word essays. Would the fact that the article began life as a blog post be deemed preclusive of publication?
- Is there any good reason to turn such a blog post into a more fully fleshed put but still quite short commentary? Any good reason not to do so?
I'll publish helpful answers.
The comment section is open, for pertinent and germane comments only.