The LAT reports:
Janet Napolitano, the U.S. secretary of Homeland Security and former governor of Arizona, is being named as the next president of the University of California system, in an unusual choice that brings a national-level politician to a position usually held by an academic, The Times has learned. Her appointment also means the 10-campus system will be headed by a woman for the first time in its 145-year history.
- The time she said the 9/11 hijackers came from Canada.
- The time she said, “the system worked.”
- The time DHS published a report on the growing threat of “rightwing extremists.”
- The time she (allegedly) dabbled in cronyism.
- The time she said the border is secure.
- The time she ordered bagpipes during sequestration.
- The time she ruined airports for everyone. Napolitano oversaw the increasingly robust airport-security regime, complete with full-body “naked” X-ray scanners and invasive pat-downs. On the other hand, she has sent a strong message to the nonagenarians, breast-cancer patients, and wheelchair-bound toddlers of the world that their terror will not be tolerated in American skies.
- The time she hid in an elevator to avoid taking a stance on gay marriage.
Napolitano has no experience in higher education administration. She is just a partisan hack. What an absolutely appalling choice by our Regents.